Circumpolar Star Trails and South Window Arch
Utah's Arches National Park contains over 2,000 naturally formed sandstone arches as well as as well as many other unique rock formations. Millions of years of geologic history are exposed here to reveal a landscape of extraordinary colors, textures and landforms. With its dark skies framed by ancient sandstone windows, Arches National Park offers a wonderful setting for night photography of majestic star trails.
- Title: Circumpolar Star Trails and South Window Arch
- Location: Arches National Park, Moab, UTAH
- Camera: Nikon FE with 28mm Nikkor lens
- Exposure: 1 hour at f/2.8
- Film: Ektachrome 400
- File Name: AST87-207w.jpg
- Original Image Size: 2730 x 3963 pixels (10.8 megapixels); 9.1" x 13.2" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2011 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.