W. M. Keck Observatory's Two Domes
Mauna Kea Observatory (MKO) is located near the 4205m (13,800ft) summit of Mauna Kea volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii. Recognized as one of the world's premier astronomical research facilities, MKO is actually an international collection of independent observatories for optical, infrared, and submillimeter astronomy. Hawaii's isolation in the mid-Pacific Ocean and the high elevation of Mauna Kea makes it one of the best locations on Earth for ground-based astronomy.
- Title: W. M. Keck Observatory's Two Domes
- Subject: W. M. Keck Observatory
- Location: Mauna Kea, HAWAII
- Camera: Nikon FE with 28mm Nikkor lens
- Exposure: Auto
- Film: Kodachrome 64
- File Name: MK95-517w.jpg
- Original Image Size: 2730 x 3963 pixels (10.8 megapixels); 9.1" x 13.2" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2007 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.