Looking Up at Steward Observatory
Steward Observatory's 2.3-meter Bok Telescope (also known as the 90-inch) is one of the largest telescopes on Kitt Peak. Built in 1969, the telescope is used for both imaging and spectroscopy by astronomers from University of Arizona, Arizona State University, and Northern Arizona University. The telescope is named in honor of Bart Bok, the prolific astronomer and director of Steward Observatory from 1966–1969.
(Text adapted from Bok Telescope Home Page )
- Title: Looking Up at Steward Observatory
- Subject: Steward 90-Inch Bok Telescope
- Location: Kitt Peak National Observatory, ARIZONA
- Camera: Nikon N70 with 18-35 Sigma zoom
- Exposure: Program
- Film: Kodak Royal Gold 100
- File Name: KP02-116w.jpg
- Original Image Size: 2730 x 3963 pixels (10.8 megapixels); 9.1" x 13.2" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2011 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.